Keep 3DLuVr online!
3DLuVr Logo
Sections
Articles
 From the Real World
 Digital Painting Series
 Featuring of...
 On the Bookshelf
Tutorials
 3ds max
 LightWave3D
 Softimage XSI
 Rhinoceros 3D
 Video Tutorials
FunZone menu
 I always wanted to be
 Talk to an employer
 Why Ask "Why"
TechZone menu
 Hardware Reviews
 Software Reviews
 Benchmarking
 Q&A, Tips & Tricks
UserZone menu
 The Artist Sites
 15 Min of Fame
 Request an Account
 Current Assignment
 Sponsors & Prizes
 Make a Submission
 Voting Booth
 Competition Rules
About menu
 Mission Statement
 Policies
 Advertising
 Comments
 Poll Archive
 Links
 How to IRC
 Donations
Login
Log in to be able to post comments to the news items, forum posts, and other facilities.
Username: 
 
Password: 
Not registered? Register!     Lost Password?
Poll
 Your New Year`s Resolution is...
Gain employment
Stop smoking/drinking/etc
Get back in shape
Find the meaning of life
Conquer the World
Absolutely nothing

    Poll Results
Comments
Want to leave us a comment about the site or in general? Click here to access the form.
ArtZone Heading
"My Little Ocean"
Added on: Tue Mar 26 2002
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Effects and further add-ons (cont.)

I used the shiny steel material as the body of the controller and assigned a light texture to the capsule placed inside the switch in which another material with less opacity was used. I changed its defuse amount and defused color to get a bluish effect.

I decided to give an omni light over the switch. Its attenuation parameter was used to cast its light in a low range. I used it to cast a lense flare over the controller. But I couldn't apply a glow effect to the capsule inside because the switch itself covered it even if it was transparent.

I created the fish in a different scene. Therefore I merged it into the original file. Then I placed it inside the water a little bit tilted to the right. After that I cloned it and put it in a different location. To keep the fish in a curvature posture I used a wave space warp and blinded it with them. I cloned the fish and that made two of them.

Final Rendering

The scene was rendered using antialising. Its filter was used as black man for a sharp output.
The whole image resolution was set as 800 X 600 with image aspect of 1.333. The final result is shown below. But I added my name to the image after I rendered
the scene. So the text is not available in the wire frame snapshot.

If you have any questions in mind please don't hesitate. Your comments are most welcome.

The final image is shown below as a wireframe and full rendered.


 
1997-2017 3DLuVrTM (Three Dee Lover)
Best viewed in 1024x768 or higher,
using any modern CSS compliant browser.