Keep 3DLuVr online!
3DLuVr Logo
Sections
Articles
 From the Real World
 Digital Painting Series
 Featuring of...
 On the Bookshelf
Tutorials
 3ds max
 LightWave3D
 Softimage XSI
 Rhinoceros 3D
 Video Tutorials
FunZone menu
 I always wanted to be
 Talk to an employer
 Why Ask "Why"
TechZone menu
 Hardware Reviews
 Software Reviews
 Benchmarking
 Q&A, Tips & Tricks
UserZone menu
 The Artist Sites
 15 Min of Fame
 Request an Account
 Current Assignment
 Sponsors & Prizes
 Make a Submission
 Voting Booth
 Competition Rules
About menu
 Mission Statement
 Policies
 Advertising
 Comments
 Poll Archive
 Links
 How to IRC
 Donations
Login
Log in to be able to post comments to the news items, forum posts, and other facilities.
Username: 
 
Password: 
Not registered? Register!     Lost Password?
Poll
 Your New Year`s Resolution is...
Gain employment
Stop smoking/drinking/etc
Get back in shape
Find the meaning of life
Conquer the World
Absolutely nothing

    Poll Results
Comments
Want to leave us a comment about the site or in general? Click here to access the form.
ArtZone Heading
"My Little Ocean"
Added on: Tue Mar 26 2002
Page: 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 

Bubbles and other improvements

I put some spheres randomly as bubbles floating on the surface. But I placed some of them at the ends too and grouped them up.
At that time I saw my bottle of water beside my working table and the water inside had a thick surface. It gave me an idea to make my scene more realistic.
I created a 'TORUS' and placed it at the ends of the water surface. Then I copied the group of bubbles and used them to Boolean the 'TORUS'. Assigning some normal materials to the objects for experiment I got a good result.



Design

Then I need to put a design in the stand. I cloned the stand which holds the tank. Then I created two boxes one at the top and another at the bottom.
I used them to Boolean the holder. Therefore only a small part remained. I resized it a little bit, so that it becomes a little bit bigger than the original holder. So the small part can be seen easily. I assigned a self-illuminated material to the 'design' to differentiate it with the main model.
Then I created a circle and changed it shape to fit it on the top of the stand.



Pipe

I started to create the pipe next, which will drain water from the tank. I first made a line, which coils around the stand. I changed the setting of the line to 'renderable' and changed it thickness for good results. And at one end of the line I placed the socket.
There I used some toruses, cones, cylinders and a screw type object.





 
1997-2017 3DLuVrTM (Three Dee Lover)
Best viewed in 1024x768 or higher,
using any modern CSS compliant browser.