Keep 3DLuVr online!
3DLuVr Logo
Sections
Articles
 From the Real World
 Digital Painting Series
 Featuring of...
 On the Bookshelf
Tutorials
 3ds max
 LightWave3D
 Softimage XSI
 Rhinoceros 3D
 Video Tutorials
FunZone menu
 I always wanted to be
 Talk to an employer
 Why Ask "Why"
TechZone menu
 Hardware Reviews
 Software Reviews
 Benchmarking
 Q&A, Tips & Tricks
UserZone menu
 The Artist Sites
 15 Min of Fame
 Request an Account
 Current Assignment
 Sponsors & Prizes
 Make a Submission
 Voting Booth
 Competition Rules
About menu
 Mission Statement
 Policies
 Advertising
 Comments
 Poll Archive
 Links
 How to IRC
 Donations
Login
Log in to be able to post comments to the news items, forum posts, and other facilities.
Username: 
 
Password: 
Not registered? Register!     Lost Password?
Poll
 Your New Year`s Resolution is...
Gain employment
Stop smoking/drinking/etc
Get back in shape
Find the meaning of life
Conquer the World
Absolutely nothing

    Poll Results
Comments
Want to leave us a comment about the site or in general? Click here to access the form.
ArtZone Heading
"We Walk with Giants"
Added on: Sun Feb 08 2004
Page: 1 3 4 5 6 7 

For the shoes i started with a box too that i adjusted in the correct place using the model (1).


First I made the subdivisions I needed and moved some points to give the box a sole shape (2). Sub-Pictures 3 to 11, depict the way I completed the modeling of the shoe. Basically extrusions and one subdivision to give volume and some point moved.
For the buckle I started with a simple polygon (12), rounded with some cuts and then some extrusions (13). Last picture is the final result after several points moved to give a damaged appearance.

Textures


Textures were made with BodyPaint 3D. UV Mesh was created by cylindrical projection over both legs and shoes. After UV mesh is adjusted to the model I started with a first layer filled with the base color. Next added other layer and painted directly over the model with a more light base color over the folds.
I moved on adding layers and painting the same zone as before but with a lighter color and an smaller brush. To end this process I merged together the layers and apply a gaussian blur filter to smooth the results.

After that I've done the same process but this time with more deep areas of the folds and darking instead of lighting. To end this proccess I added a new layer that I fill painted with a texture instead of solid colors, a more smoothed brush like airbrush and varying the opacity of the layer and paint directly in that areas that weathering causes more damage, like knees for example. I also used this system to paint folds where they don't exist, like the fly.

COAT

Once again the method used was box-modeling...


Sub-Pictures 2 and 3 depict first movements of points to obtain the basic shape. Next, I unwelded front points to make the aperture of the coat and erased collar polygons and moved some polygons to simulate the fall of the cloth (4).
Since character would be laying on the ground and be tied with ropes, I made some cuts to model the folds the ropes produce (5). Chests also needed some folds so several cuts were made in this zone and triangulations to give this area a different aspect (6).
To give volume to the cloth I selected the edges of the cloth and created a spline and use this spline as a sweep nurbs object to create a cord. Buttons are instances of a torus and a disc.



 
© 1997-2017 3DLuVrTM (Three Dee Lover)
Best viewed in 1024x768 or higher,
using any modern CSS compliant browser.