Keep 3DLuVr online!
3DLuVr Logo
Sections
Articles
 From the Real World
 Digital Painting Series
 Featuring of...
 On the Bookshelf
Tutorials
 3ds max
 LightWave3D
 Softimage XSI
 Rhinoceros 3D
 Video Tutorials
FunZone menu
 I always wanted to be
 Talk to an employer
 Why Ask "Why"
TechZone menu
 Hardware Reviews
 Software Reviews
 Benchmarking
 Q&A, Tips & Tricks
UserZone menu
 The Artist Sites
 15 Min of Fame
 Request an Account
 Current Assignment
 Sponsors & Prizes
 Make a Submission
 Voting Booth
 Competition Rules
About menu
 Mission Statement
 Policies
 Advertising
 Comments
 Poll Archive
 Links
 How to IRC
 Donations
Login
Log in to be able to post comments to the news items, forum posts, and other facilities.
Username: 
 
Password: 
Not registered? Register!     Lost Password?
Poll
 Your New Year`s Resolution is...
Gain employment
Stop smoking/drinking/etc
Get back in shape
Find the meaning of life
Conquer the World
Absolutely nothing

    Poll Results
Comments
Want to leave us a comment about the site or in general? Click here to access the form.
ArtZone Heading
"The Theater"
Added on: Sun Feb 25 2001
Page: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

At first, thanks to everyone for the voting for me, and thanks to 3DLuVr too for this contest.

Now, I will describe how did I make this project, starting very closely to the deadline (on February 4th).
The entire scene was created just at required complexity for the final rendering. I made some compromises because of the deadline, there are a few hidden errors, I was drawing the objects very quickly and I used few methods with not too much accuracy, but because the objective was a single rendered image, I was satisfied with the result.

Of course, the composition was conceptualized at the start (I didn't make even a single render from other viewpoints).
I was creating an interesting composition, based on the contrast between the static main character and the dynamically moving characters from the background.

Let's start with the top of the problem...

The Head

The head was an earlier not-finished project. It was started with splines, but not with a very happy solution.
Anyway, it takes relatively a short time to correct that and finally it became a more detailed than I needed it.

After taking the pictures from the model, it was necessary to adjust them, for matching exactly the size of the front and the profile.


Than I placed them into the viewports. The bitmaps were made a little bit darker, for a better visibility of the white (selected) splines.

The head was modeled with Surface tools, started with a spline in the Left viewport, that's the symmetry axis of the head.





 
1997-2017 3DLuVrTM (Three Dee Lover)
Best viewed in 1024x768 or higher,
using any modern CSS compliant browser.