Keep 3DLuVr online!
3DLuVr Logo
Sections
Articles
 From the Real World
 Digital Painting Series
 Featuring of...
 On the Bookshelf
Tutorials
 3ds max
 LightWave3D
 Softimage XSI
 Rhinoceros 3D
 Video Tutorials
FunZone menu
 I always wanted to be
 Talk to an employer
 Why Ask "Why"
TechZone menu
 Hardware Reviews
 Software Reviews
 Benchmarking
 Q&A, Tips & Tricks
UserZone menu
 The Artist Sites
 15 Min of Fame
 Request an Account
 Current Assignment
 Sponsors & Prizes
 Make a Submission
 Voting Booth
 Competition Rules
About menu
 Mission Statement
 Policies
 Advertising
 Comments
 Poll Archive
 Links
 How to IRC
 Donations
Login
Log in to be able to post comments to the news items, forum posts, and other facilities.
Username: 
 
Password: 
Not registered? Register!     Lost Password?
Poll
 Your New Year`s Resolution is...
Gain employment
Stop smoking/drinking/etc
Get back in shape
Find the meaning of life
Conquer the World
Absolutely nothing

    Poll Results
Comments
Want to leave us a comment about the site or in general? Click here to access the form.
ArtZone Heading
"The Rescue"
Added on: Mon May 22 2000
Page: 1 3 4 5 

For the side parts of the pan I simply made a box and modeled it a bit to get the shape I wanted, then assigned a meshsmooth with render iterations set to 2.


The next thing to model was the oven. I made a plane with 4 segments for both X and Y and assigned an edit mesh modifier and modified it a bit with face extrudes and bevels to get the perfect shape. Again applied the meshsmooth with 2 render iterations.


For the oven grid I made every piece with little boxes and I attached them into one single mesh with (who would guess?)...meshsmooth modifier... The result was pretty much the real thing. Of course I edited the shape a bit, but it was just moving lower front vertices, nothing much.


After having those pieces I went on creating the dangerous and hotter part of the oven. It was just 2 small cylinders with a non-uniformed scaled sphere on top to give a nice smooth look. The holes where the the flames come through were made with textures.


When all parts were made they were just missing one small thing. The water! I cloned the pan, without the cover and then created a cylinder with the aproximate radius of the pan, but with a very little height, almost a plane with 10 cap segments and 18 sides.



 
1997-2017 3DLuVrTM (Three Dee Lover)
Best viewed in 1024x768 or higher,
using any modern CSS compliant browser.