At first, thanks to everyone for the voting for me, and thanks to 3DLuVr too for this contest.
Now, I will describe how did I make this project, starting very closely to the deadline (on February 4th).
The entire scene was created just at required complexity for the final rendering. I made some compromises because of the deadline, there are a few hidden errors, I was drawing the objects very quickly and I used few methods with not too much accuracy, but because the objective was a single rendered image, I was satisfied with the result.
Of course, the composition was conceptualized at the start (I didn't make even a single render from other viewpoints).
I was creating an interesting composition, based on the contrast between the static main character and the dynamically moving characters from the background.
Let's start with the top of the problem...
The head was an earlier not-finished project. It was started with splines, but not with a very happy solution.
Anyway, it takes relatively a short time to correct that and finally it became a more detailed than I needed it.
After taking the pictures from the model, it was necessary to adjust them, for matching exactly the size of the front and the profile.
Than I placed them into the viewports. The bitmaps were made a little bit darker, for a better visibility of the white (selected) splines.
The head was modeled with Surface tools, started with a spline in the Left viewport, that's the symmetry axis of the head.